Wednesday, July 18, 2012

California Dreaming


A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to sneak away for the weekend to visit my brother in Los Angeles for a few days. I bought a very last minute plane ticket and took off for sunny California for a long overdue visit (it had been 2 years since I last saw him!). 

The first night I got there we went to the Hollywood Bowl to see the BBC/Discovery Channel's Frozen Planet in concert. The Los Angeles Philharmonic provided the tunes and there were big screens displaying scenes from the documentary. It was amazing! We were given polar bear masks at the entrance and you better believe we had fun with them!


It was my mom and sister's first trip to the bowl, and I think it was a hit! My best friend Liz joined us for the evening as well. One of my favorite things about the Hollywood Bowl (besides the amazing view) is that it is picnic friendly! We brought a nice spread of wine, cheeses, fruit, and veggies to snack on. I am always amazed that even though the bowl is in the heart of Hollywood, it is so peaceful once you are inside. I spent a lot of time there in high school, and it had been years since I last saw a show there. It was such a treat! The only thing missing was Mr. Butter (he had to stay in P-Town and work).

Can you tell I was excited to see my Lizzieloo?? 

Anytime you are in LA during the summer you should definitely catch a show at the Hollywood Bowl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment