Monday, June 4, 2012

Book Club

When my sister and I were little girls my mom used to tell us that taking us to a book store was like taking any other kid to a candy store. We have always loved to read and we each have a pretty eclectic taste when it comes to genres.


I just finished The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson. Much like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo the story took a while to take off, but once it did I couldn't put it down. I faced major anxiety one day when I forget it at home and had to suffer through my lunch break without it. I started The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and I am excited that it picks up right where the last one left off and so far, it is not a slow start. In fact it's quite thrilling!

I have a long list of books I want to read waiting patiently for me on my bookshelf, including: Bossypants by Tina Fey, American Gods by Neil Gaiman, The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, and Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami.

Some of my favorites include: The Harry Potter series (of course!), The Pilgrimage and By the River Piedra I Sat and Wept by Paulo Coelho, Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding, The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant, His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman, Velvet Elvis and Sex God by Rob Bell, and more that will be shared later!

What are some of your favorite reads?

Photo via Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment