Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Honeymooners



Mr. Butter and I had the blessing of being able to travel to Rome on our honeymoon. It was an absolute dream come true! Instead of having a traditional wedding gift registry, we opted for a honeymoon registry with Honeyfund. We are so grateful to everyone who contributed to making our Italian honeymoon a reality. 


More photos and tales of our adventures...

We endured quite a long journey to get to our destination. I made sure to keep Tim informed and educated him on the history of Rome. Yes, I am a nerd.


Once we experienced the sweet joy of finally arriving we were greeted with sunshine and much welcomed warm weather. It was absolutely gorgeous. 


There were so many sights to see, so many wonders! 





And the food, oh the food. We ate pizza, gelato, and pasta every single day. It was delightful. 




We were carefree and enjoying every single moment in wedded bliss.

I gave a thumbs down at the Colosseum. I'm tough.

Mini car!!

We had some serious jet lag during our time abroad. But some of my favorite memories are from the nights spent awake together in our little apartment, sneaking off to the kitchen for a midnight snack of salami and mozzarella, and feeling like two kids who were up way past their bed time.


We couldn't get enough lattes and cappuccinos. We looked forward to it each morning...and maybe a few times throughout the day as well....


It was perfection, and yet full of surprises and adventure! I will cherish those memories forever.

.....

I am excited to announce that I will be doing a series of city guides. First up, Rome! I spent a semester doing study abroad in the Eternal city, and have been a visitor many times since. I am looking forward to sharing all of my favorite places and spaces with you!







No comments:

Post a Comment