Tuesday, April 24, 2012

When In Rome


Buon giorno! Welcome to my city guide for Rome, "When in Rome". I am thrilled to share all of my favorite places to eat and drink, the best shopping areas, and my favorite sights to see. Creating a travel guide of sorts has been on my to do list for a long time. Throughout my travels I have kept journals documenting the hits and misses and must sees. Traveling to new and exciting places is one of my many passions but I find that most guide books lead you to places that are full of tourists and rarely give you a true taste of the city. I hope these guides inspire you to take off on your own adventure and discover the wonders of the city!

I first visited Roma in the summer of 2005 on my own version of a "Grand Tour" of Europe. See that photograph of St. Peter's Basillica in the gorgeous Italian sunset? That captures the exact moment that I fell in love with Rome. I decided right then and there that I wanted to participate in a study abroad program in the Eternal City and applied as soon as school was back in session. The next summer I took off for another summer abroad. At the end of my travels I set up shop in Rome. I lived in an adorable apartment in Trastevere and would spend hours wandering the cobblestone streets admiring all of the history surrounding me. It was truly an amazing and unforgettable experience. But nothing compares to spending a week sharing the wonders of this great city with my husband on our honeymoon. That was the good life.

First up, "What To Eat When In Rome" because (obviously) we all know the food is the most important!!

No comments:

Post a Comment