Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Day for Mothers

Mother's Day is almost here and I hope everyone has something sweet and lovely planned for the moms in your lives. I celebrated Mother's Day early with my mom in NYC and we are looking forward to celebrating with Tim's mom this weekend. Here's some gift ideas I am loving for the mamas:

1. Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook: This book is amazing! I first discovered it way back when I was working in retail. Alas, it was not until this past Christmas that it became a member of my book family. It really does have everything you would ever want to know and more regarding the care of your home. And Martha is the queen of all things home related so you know it's going to be good. I recommend it to all! You can find it here.


2. A Mani/Pedi Date: When I was in high school my mom and I would have monthly "Mommy-Manda" days where we would spend the day together - just the two of us! - doing something girly and fun. Many times this resulted in getting a lovely manicure and pedicure at our favorite nail salon near the Beverly Center in LA. You can chat and catch up with each other while you are getting pampered and you will leave feeling all relaxed and happy!


3. Bath Goodies: Obviously I am a big fan of bubble baths and all bath related treats. But I am also a big fan of any product that is good for you and makes you feel good. It's such a simple way to add something special to your daily routine. The Lavender Apple Body Scrub from Sabon is my absolute favorite special treat. I took my mom to Sabon in NY and we had such a good time picking out all kinds of goodies together. She is a fan of the Lemon Basil Shower Oil and we both love these fun soap flakes. They even have a sweet Mother/Baby line for the new moms out there!


4. A Magazine Subscription: I love the idea of a magazine subscription as a gift for someone. A few Christmases ago my sister got me and my mom a subscription to Martha Stewart Living (of course!) and we both loved it. I get so excited when the new issue arrives in my mailbox each month! There are so many options to choose from when it comes to finding the perfect magazine for your mom- perhaps she loves cooking (Bon Appetite and The Food Network Magazine are both great choices!), or health and fitness (I like Whole Living and Women's Health), or interior design (Architectural Digest is beautiful), or perhaps fashion floats her boat (hello, Vogue!). 

Have fun!

xo!

Photo credits: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4






No comments:

Post a Comment