Thursday, May 3, 2012

NYC: The Final Chapter


I might have gone a little overboard on documenting every little thing we did in New York, so I will wrap up the tale of our journey. We made our obligatory pilgrimage to Times Square and made a visit to the discount tickets booth for a Broadway show. We ended up seeing a small off-Broadway musical, The Fantasticks, and I was reminded of my days spent at my musical theater focused performing arts high school in LA. It's always fun to catch a live show.

On one of our many subway adventures I was greeted by a big fat rat while reloading my Metrocard. I hear this is a true NYC experience and even a sign of good luck (???). I squealed like the girl that I am and I am fairly certain that it was Tim's most cherished memory from our trip. 

We also indulged in a little retail therapy in SoHo. New York is one of the lucky few cities here in the US that is home to Sabon- one of my favorite stores in the world. Not only does NYC have Sabon, they have multiple locations. I loaded up on all of my favorite goodies including a honey peach scented mineral powder for bath time, and some of their amazing sea salt scrubs. I also visited Madewell and TopShop for the first time and loved both! 

We had a fantastic dinner at Cafe Cluny in the West Village, and I fell in love with the tree lined neighborhood streets and adorable homes. Food was a big theme for us and we took advantage of all New York had to offer. We indulged in pasta and gelato in Little Italy, macaroons at La Maison du Macaron, and the amazing deserts at the Magnolia bakery. 

Here's some more photos of our Big Apple adventures:



We can't wait to go back and explore more of the city that never sleeps! 

Coming soon: The Rome Guide continues!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment