Sunday, May 27, 2012

Plants

I've always thought it would be so lovely to have a home with a big beautiful garden full of fresh fruits and veggies, beautiful flowers (I love hydrangeas and peonies), and perhaps even some fresh lavender. The only problem is that I am terrible at keeping plants alive! My green thumb is more of a black thumb of death. I've tried growing herbs in little pots (I think I attempted basil, rosemary, and thyme) and failed miserably. The poor little guys never stood a chance. When I lived in Los Angeles I even tried to keep a cactus or two. And failed. I couldn't even take care of a desert plant.

But I won't give up that easily. Being the brave pair that we are- we're considering planting a few herbs and some flowers in pots for our balcony. It would definitely liven it up out there but I told Mr. Butter he's going to have to be in charge of their care. I will help, but I will need his supervision.

Little did I know that an alternative existed. When I was out on one of my afternoon walks last week I saw these "plants" made out of fabric at Anthropologie and thought -"gasp! These are meant for me!" I think they might just be for display though. Only the big planter had a price tag. Oh well, it could be a great opportunity for a fun DIY project! Think of all of the possibilities! I still want some edible plants though...fresh tomatoes and herbs are just so delightful!


These would be so cute on our kitchen windowsill or on a side table for the balcony. Hmmm....better start brainstorming on a how-to!

No comments:

Post a Comment